Monday, October 22, 2007

Saga of the Rodents - Part II

I could have written this story the next day after the last posting but I really needed to have a major attitude adjustment first. My quest to hunt scavengers began shortly after dinner. (I first had to decide if it was better to search on an empty stomach or eat first and risk losing my dinner over what I found. I decided it was better to be full in case I was unsuccessful. It's not like I could go to the refrigerator later on and just zap something in the microwave.) Anyway, once again, I will spare you the gory details.
My first discovery did not take long but the cleaning up took longer. Then there was another, and then another. It was getting later and I was getting tired. My fatigue turned to frustration. My frustration turned to anger. Then I found what I did not want to find and that was the nest. There was the Mama mouse with her four newborns at the bottom of a large box of my blankets and they were still moving. Aacckkk! Okay, no details but they were disposed of. Three hours later my anger was escalating. I could still smell an odor but could not find the source. My room, which was already a mess, became a chaotic pile of everything that I had to lift, move, drag or toss here and there, to get to what I needed to get to. Finally, I found the source and had to deal with that as well.
Four hours later and my anger became more intense. I was angry that no one listened when I told them a month ago that we needed to take care of the problem immediately. Angry that they did not take the multiplication factor seriously. Angry that they waited nearly three weeks to get the poison. Angry that I had to find and deal with a total of twelve rodents in a week's time and five of them were still alive. Angry that there are still one or two more that are invading the kitchen and living room area. Angry that I could not be resting peacefully in my bed and then thought of a hundred other things to be mad about. Yes, I admit it! I lost my happy thoughts! That made me mad, too! I finally finished at around 11:00 p.m. and climbed over the piles to get into in bed. Oh yeah, did I mention that the generator and lights were turned off at 9:30 p.m. and that the finding of the last rodent and the worst clean-up happened with a flashlight in one hand? Yeah, that was the best part! I have to say that I really did sleep well knowing that my room was rodent-free. I'm glad to say I did not lose my dinner. I wish I could say I'm glad it's over. We still need to catch the other two, or three, or.....???? I really don't want to do that again! I know I will be very busy for the next two weeks trying to get my room in some kind of order again. What a mess!!!!
Thanks for allowing me to get this off my chest and to update those who were actually interested in the drama. My next posting will be a little more focused on the real stuff that is going on. Got a little side-tracked.
I feel better now. :) Love to all!

1 comment:

BryneeJones said...

This post cracked me up! I would lose my happy thoughts if it happened to me too. The first time I find a lizard in my sink at HFC, you'll probably be the first one I e-mail about it!