Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Blogger Blackout or so I thought....

Howdy friends and family. This past Monday, I spent several hours getting my story together and ready to post. Right about the time I was about to save my work and do my final editing, we lost our internet connection. I left here thinking that I would have to wait until Wednesday to complete my work. When I checked the blog this morning I was surprised to see that it had been posted. It was unfinished, so if you happened to read it in the past two days, please take the time to read it again, as I have made some changes and additions. I am still working on my other stories but do not have all the necessary information as of yet.
Below are a few pictures I'd like to share with you . Enjoy and God Bless!

I have always had a fascination with trees and "Mapou" is one that impresses me. Here are a couple of shots of the interesting branches. The bark of the tree resembles the skin of an elephant.

When Jim Smith of the First Baptist Church Huntersville saw these branches, he commented that he would love to tie a swing to the tree. I said it would need to be a porch swing. How fun would that be?
Wash day at the river. Bathtime for some. The clothes on the ground are drying as well as the ones scattered on the bushes across the river.

A typical food storage hut. The tin funnels are designed to keep small animals from climbing up the posts.


A mother hen finds a safe place to hatch her unborn chicks.

My love and blessings to all. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Scott Phillips said...

Hi Vicki Jean!

Thank you so much for your pictures and commentary. I know I speak for our entire group when I say it was truly a pleasure to spend time with you “your” children. It was so apparent the Lord is at work in Bayonnais with the work you are doing and the work of OFCB. I look forward to seeing you again in Bayonnais soon.

In Christ,
Scott Phillips