Sunday, July 22, 2007

Angeline's Birthday!!!

Wide-eyed and ready to taste! Happy 6th Birthday, Angeline!
Just bubbling with excitement and getting ready for the big "blow out"!

Angeline opens her gift of a small stuffed green teddy bear. She was so surprised and let out a huge laugh when she revealed the feet first. I also made her a beaded bracelet which spelled out her name. (see below-can't actually read it, but at least you can get the idea)

Had to put my art skills to work and draw the donkey for the "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" game. It was really more of a "Tape the Tail to the Wall" game. The kids were laughing hysterically while I was trying to demonstrate how the game worked. Once they caught on, they had a blast! Wish I had some shots of that but I was working alone with all eleven kids. Hard to handle a camera and a group of overly excited kids at the same time.
The kids decided to put their own tails on. Each tail had the child's name on it.
Do these look like the same kids from April? We all had so much fun! After the game, the kids danced for an hour to some music while I found the nearest chair and took a break. We will celebrate Fenelson's and Alicia's birthday next month before I leave for Houston. They talk about it everyday. A big thank you to Mrs. Wylmetta Harman for sending the complete birthday-in-a-box kit for us. The Funfetti cake was delicious and the kids wore their hats and blew their horns for the rest of the week. We managed to save the tablecloth. Will write about my trip to PAP on the next posting. Love to all!

Special Note: My son, Dylan, left today for California to start his internship with the Oakland Raiders. Please keep him in your prayers.

No comments: