Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Three Months and Counting...

Hard to believe another month has past but it really is true! Where have I been? Ah, yes, in Haiti.
I was unable to be here last Monday because we had so much going on at the Orphanage; finishing some construction in the house, trying to get ready for upcoming vacations and the new school year. We are also starting the annual (probably the first ever for some) check-ups for each child before going back to school. Jeemy-Ska was the first to go. Lucner took him to Gonaives and let him spend the night at his house. Lucner has two small children, a son, Lukemane who is not quite two, and a baby daughter, Luck D'Anna, who is only a few months old. I know he is having a great time there. They will be back late this afternoon. We all missed him very much. His absence was very noticeable.

I had really hoped to post the pictures of the birthday party for you but time did not allow for that today. I was busy writing the necessary letters and retrieving the necessary documents by email to prepare for my day trip back to Port Au Prince tomorrow. I hope things will go smoothly to request my Visa to stay here in Haiti. From what I understand, I am only supposed to be here for 90 days and then need to have permission. (Actually, I should have had this by now).Pray that all goes well and that I won't be arrested when I go home in August. :) ! I am looking forward to making the trip with Actionnel and his wife. It will be the first chance I have had to spend some real time with her.

I will go ahead and post the one picture I would love for you to see. It is when Angeline saw her cake for the first time. I think she thought the whole thing was hers. Ha! She is a real joy! I will post the rest the next chance I get. My Love to All and a special hello to my cousin Mark Alan who just sent me an email for the first time today! Thank you! I will be back online on Friday...if all goes well.

No comments: