Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Celebrating and Remembering

Yesterday we celebrated Smith's eleventh Birthday. It was the first time he ever celebrated his special day. He wasn't even sure how old he was. I baked a chocolate cake but we did not have any icing. The kids didn't care, it was cake !!! It was enough for everyone to have one slice and a couple of bites. I think next time I will have to make two. We only have one pan. Jeemy-Ska will be six in January (while I am in Texas) and in March, there will be seven of us having birthdays with five in the same week. Wow! Forget the cake pan, we're going to need another oven!! :)
Smith received a box of colored pencils and a Multiple use Art book that had drawing paper, construction paper, painting paper, writing paper, and stickers. He was so happy with his new gifts.

The birthday celebration was rather low key because it was a Monday and the first day back to school after being off for nine days. The kids were a little tired. So was I. Later in the evening, Angeline came to me and kept trying to tell me something. She seemed very concerned and I could not understand what she wanted. I took her to Lucner and asked him to translate. Angeline said, "Ms. Vicki Jean, you forgot to play the donkey game." Oh, bless her heart. She thought it was part of the plan. I told her I was sorry, I forgot. We would do it another time. That bothered me for a while. I guess I really need to pay more attention and plan ahead.
Today is my Grandmother's birthday. She would have been 90 or 91. I can't remember which. I do remember her, though. I miss her very much. When she died, so did a part of me. It took me a long time to get over the sadness of losing her. She was one of the most significant people in my life. She meant a lot to our entire family. Everyone loved her dearly. I would like to honor her with this link to a special song that she liked very much. I know she is happy in heaven and smiling down on us who will one day see her again. I love you Grandmother. Happy Birthday!
I was going to add a video but could not get it to upload properly. So, here is the link to the song by Mercy Me called I Can Only Imagine.
The music is beautiful, the words are powerful, and the concept is worth considering. It keeps me humble. (after viewing, click the <- Back button on your browser to return to Blog). Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bless you too! :
http://torevealartandconcealtheartist.blogspot.com/