Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving From Haiti

Hello my dear family and friends. Today is Thursday. It is Thanksgiving Day. It is the 22nd of November. It is also my son, Dylan's , 22nd Birthday. I have so much to be thankful for and I am.
I woke up feeling a little sad and homesick because I am missing Dylan's birthday for the first time and also not with any of my family members in the States. However, I still have my wonderful kids to share this day with.
My day was brightened first thing this morning when I received an email from Actionnel inviting me to have a non-traditional dinner with them at OFCB this evening. Peter also sent an email with an invitation and said I just need to bring the Cranberry Sauce and they are good to go. Right! I wish I had a can of sauce to surprise him with.
As for here, we are going to have a special lunch that the cook is preparing for us. I have purposely stayed out of the kitchen so I will be surprised. It already smells pretty good. I will need to enjoy just enough so I can save room for the dinner as well. One thing for sure, we won't be watching football on television. The kids will have to offer their own live version out in the yard. Since Haiti does not celebrate Thanksgiving, I am very fortunate to be able to celebrate twice! There's another blessing!
Today I would like to remind everyone to express your love and appreciation with the ones that you are sharing this special day with. Hugs are good if you go for that kind of thing. Be sure and count your blessings with every bite that you take and if you lose track, well then, just go for seconds and start again. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and a very special Happy Birthday to my amazing son! I love you, Dylan. Please send more pictures!!! :)
Here is a link to a cute video. Out of respect to my Mama and her friends, this video has closed caption for the hearing impaired. Gobble-gobble!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CndP1fYC0M

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vicki Jean,

I'm glad your Thanksgiving Day held good food and friends with whom to eat it. That is a blessing for sure. Love, helen