Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Heartbreak in Haiti

Well, I have put this off for a couple of days because I wasn't sure how to write this blog. I will be leaving for Texas on December 10th on what was supposed to be my holiday break. Due to some unexpected and unfortunate circumstances, both here and back home in Texas, I will not be returning to Haiti. We received the final decision this past Sunday but it has taken me a couple of days to really process this new information. I am very, very sad and especially for the children. They have not been officially told by me but they were already upset about my leaving for the holidays. I plan to meet with them sometime tomorrow, so please keep them in your prayers. It is going to be extremely difficult for us all.
It was my plan to stay for two years, however, I was blessed to have almost eight months. The time passed very quickly, and it seems so short, but it is longer than most people stay. I am thankful that I had this opportunity and perhaps one day I will be able to return to Bayonnais. In my time here, I can see that my presence was useful and appreciated but more than that, I learned firsthand about the hardships of living here and have witnessed the faith and courage that the Haitians demonstrate each and every single day. It really is a hard life.
My sponsors will continue to seek ways to continue supporting the children and will try to find others who can assist MMM in providing the quality care that the children need.
I know that God has a reason and a better plan than I could ever come up with. If anyone would like to help in any way, please send me an email VJPierce@gmail.com and I can put you in touch with my sponsors. Thanks to everyone who stayed tuned and followed my adventures. This will not be my last posting as I intend to keep sharing until the end. My love to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sad... David