Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day and so far away......

Happy Mother's Day to all the great Moms, Mother's and Mama's in the U.S.A.!!! (and anyplace else that people celebrate)
Yesterday was Mother's Day in America and the first time in 21 years that I have celebrated without my son. There is no question that I missed him very much. I tried using my cell phone but could not get a signal. I'm even out of roaming range. I was comforted somewhat during the Sunday service when Saint Victor announced that it was Mother's Day for me. (Haitians will celebrate this day in two more weeks) He asked all the young adults and children to come forward to give me a kiss and a hug and wish me a Happy Mother's Day. It was very emotional for me when my kids came up to hug me. I think Saint-Victor likes to make me cry. Ha! Anyway, I did receive the most wonderful email from my son, Dylan, and it warmed my heart. Thank you, Son, for keeping it special. I love you the most!
I want to ask everyone once again to please post your comments on this blog. I would like to get some feedback from those of you who are keeping up with it. Let me know what topics you would like to know more about or pictures you would like to see. I also want to know who is actually reading this. For those of you who have received emails from me, please take the time to send more than just a quick note. I am eager to hear some news and to stay in touch. I do a lot of writing and would appreciate having something to read as well. Thanks to all who read this blogsite. God Bless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how it is to have your Mother's Day without your son(s). Morgan came home for 6 days and then went to Spain and Africa. I hope you are doing well and adjusting. You are in our prayers. Mrna Dibble